Friday, May 12, 2017

Canvas on Canvas tutorial with DT Tania

Hello there!

Tania with you today to share a quick tutorial on how I made my Canvas on Canvas for this months Mood Board Challenge.

To begin I adhered the smaller canvas in the top right hand corner of the larger one!  Then I added a thick layer of heavy gesso with a sponge to give it that textured look.  I dried this coat off and then repeated the process.


Once dry I added some spritzes of water and then sprayed the canvas with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and continued until I was happy with the depth and amount of colour.


Here I added a lot more colour once the first coat had dried.


Next up I used a script stamp and randomly stamped over the canvas.


I gave my chipboard pieces a rough coat of gesso. I them sprayed them with black Dylusions sprays, this helps the colour spray adhere and not soak through the chipboard.



I sprayed my flowers with the same sprays that I had used on the canvas so the colours all toned in with each other.


Next was the fun bit embellishing my canvas.



Once I was happy with all the embellishments and stuck them down, I finished off my canvas by adding some gold glass glitter and flicking some black spray randomly over the canvas.


Well that's all from me today!! 

Also don't forget we still have our gorgeous March Mood Board Challenge going.....
Until next time, thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting.

*** Tania ***

2 comments :